It’s with poor lighting but this is the largest space I have to lay out this 96”x109” King quilt top. I made up the design as I went along. Laying out the square of string blocks prompted suggestions from others to make a center medallion quilt. I liked that thought and started to build around the medallion. I used only scrap and stash fabrics, sewed borders around borders, and over a couple months it really grew. I didn’t measure anything, just checked the size along the way by laying it out on our King bed. When it looked right, I knew I could stop. It has 88 fabric foundation string blocks and became heavy for me to handle, but I kept going to the end. Now it’s time to add batting and backing and decide how to “quilt” it to a true finish!